Job opportunity: Interviewers for the EPIC study (3 Months)
EPIC: Flash HIV/HCV Surveys to Assess the Impact of the COVID-19 Health Crisis in the Community Setting.
Job opportunity: Interviewers for the EPIC study, available full-time (3 Months) as from October to December 2021.
EPIC is being undertaken by Prevention Information et Lutte Contre Le SIDA (PILS) in collaboration with Coalition PLUS, a network of more than 50 NGOs fighting against HIV, Hepatitis and Sexually Transmitted Infections worldwide.
The general objective of EPIC is to study the impact of the COVID-19 health crisis on key populations, populations affected by HIV/HCV, and the people working with them (community health workers). The study is currently being implemented in 42 NGOs across the world. The present study aims to understand the impact of COVID-19 related measures on people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIVs) under the care of PILS.
The data generated is expected to contribute to the overall EPIC study and to inform PILS’ fundraising activities, strategic plan and communication materials.
Duties & Responsibilities
The interviewer will:
- Conduct interviews face-to-face or by phone
- Ensure that participants are truly willing, informed and able to contribute to the study
- Make sure that the data captured is reliable and accurate
- Immediately inform the site supervisor and project coordinator of suspected inconsistencies or problems faced which could impact data quality
- Ensure that study participants are interviewed in an appropriate environment and receive their stipends
- Work across different sites within and outside Port-Louis, where and when appropriate
- Take appropriate steps to ensure one’s personal health and safety
- Attend Voxco training during the induction stage
Under the guidance of the EPIC Coordinator, day-to-day activities will include:
- Filling in the online questionnaire by using a smartphone or tablet with the help of the study participant
- Liaising with site supervisors to make sure that study participants receive their stipends at the end of each interview without delay
- Participating in weekly team meetings
- Producing a weekly and monthly report of activities, operational bottlenecks and actions taken
- Being liable for the tablet provided by PILS to collect data
- Any other duties related to the EPIC project, as appropriate and agreed upon beforehand.
- A personal action plan
- 70 interviews completed by 15th December 2021
- 70 informed consent forms and remuneration forms returned to the site supervisor
- A monthly report of actions taken, participants interviewed with UIC, bottlenecks encountered, phone & travel expenses and participants interviewed as well as paid.
- Experience as a peer educator
- Must have worked closely with people living with HIV and key populations such as people who inject drugs, sex workers, former detainees and men who have sex with men
- Good communication skills in French and Creole (spoken and written)
- An appropriate literacy level (ideally O-levels and above) and proficient in using excel, smartphones and tablets
- Able to follow health and safety norms
- Willingness to work some weekends, if appropriate
- Have your own smartphone
- Able to travel to sites outside Port-Louis when required
- Prior knowledge of HIV, Hepatitis C, Tuberculosis and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by 30th of September 2021
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.