Job opportunity: Fundraising Officer
|Job description:||Fundraising Officer|
|Main Functions:||The Fundraising Officer will assist the Fundraiser in all fundraising activities.|
- General fundraising activities
- Provide support to the Fundraiser on a range of administrative tasks including, dealing with enquiries
- Work with volunteers/interns, arranging work for them and supporting them as needed
- Support the Fundraiser to explore new opportunities and potential funders and raise funds on a local and international level.
Assist the Fundraiser in the write-up of project proposals and development of projects’ budgets
- Implement fundraising campaigns, activities and events as per the Fundraiser’s directives
- Assist the Fundraiser in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission
- Assist the Fundraiser in carrying follow-ups of the concept proposals
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization
- Assist the Fundraiser in organising training sessions to partners
- Assist the Fundraiser in developing plans to generate income from various sources.
- In collaboration with the Communication Officer, improve and develop communications material that contribute to fundraising efforts
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization
- Database, donation processing and donor care
- Process donations ensuring procedures are followed and information is recorded correctly onto the database
- Ensure the database is kept accurate and up-to-date by recording changes including mailing preferences, address details and financial information
- Update mailing lists and recording communications on the database
- Work with the events and corporates teams, and other areas of fundraising as required to ensure donations are processed correctly and supporters are thanked
- Support the Grants team to record grants application information
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local potential funders
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify any funding opportunities matching the work of PILS
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Work to build relationships with donors in order to provide a high standard of customer care
- Participate, as required, in funder meetings and other training fora.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen effective relationships between PILS and implementing partners.
|Job description:||Fundraising Officer|
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, marketing, communication, finance or any related fields; or HSC and 2 years of experience in communication, marketing or customer service
- Good attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Flexibility, adaptability and open-mindedness
- Availability to work after normal working hours able to deliver work on tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of the HIV problematics, including drugs, sex work, LGBT issues, human rights
- Driving Licence
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by the Thursday 27th June 2019.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.