Job opportunity : Fundraising Coordinator
|Job description||Fundraising Coordinator|
|Reports to:||Senior Finance Manager /Grant Manager|
|Main Functions:||The Fundraising Coordinator will be responsible for the fundraising activities of PILS. He/she has the full responsibility to lead fundraising activities including initiating, planning, and implementing all fundraising activities while ensuring long term sustainability of PILS.|
- Develop fundraising strategies with annual targets based on PILS’ Strategic Plan, create an action plan, and implement the plan.
- Assist in the preparation of PILS annual budget process.
- Identify and respond to emerging funding opportunities taking into consideration the internal needs as well as external opportunities.
- Identify and approach local and international funders to support PILS’ fundraising activities.
- Write project proposals in collaboration with Heads of Department and send to potential sponsors and funders accordingly.
- Keep the Donors’ database up to date.
- Undertake a continual follow up of existing and potential local and international donors and make proposals accordingly.
- Organise and lead fundraising campaigns and marketing activities such as sponsored or promotional events, house-to-house, and street collections etc.
- Generate new ideas and opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain relationship with all funders, including local and international existing and potential donors.
- Liaise with NGOs to develop common strategies towards fundraising as and when required.
- Work with all departments and understand their requirements.
- Report monthly and quarterly on the status of projects written and provide feedbacks to the HOD, the Executive Director and the Managing Committee of PILS.
- The fundraising Coordinator investigate, evaluate, and propose new fundraising trends
- The Fundraising Coordinator work with the Grant Manager & ED to develop annual & long-term fundraising strategies.
- Carry out all cognate duties assigned by the HOD, Executive Director and the Managing Committee of PILS.
- Participate, as required, in funder meetings and other training fora.
- Establish, maintain, and strengthen effective relationships between PILS and implementing partners.
|Job description:||Fundraising coordinator|
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, marketing, communication, or any related fields.
- 2 years of experience in marketing and communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English.
- Strong analytical, planning & and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and open-mindedness.
- Availability to work after normal working hours and able to deliver work on tight deadlines.
- Inter-personal, presentational, and public speaking skills.
- Good understanding of the HIV problematics, including drugs, sex work, LGBT issues, human rights.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and peers at all times.
- Knowledge of Finance will be an advantage.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by the 22nd of October 2021.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.