Job opportunity: Consultancy to support PILS for its strategic development
Terms of reference
Consultancy to support PILS for its strategic development
PILS is an NGO that exists for 25 years and is solely dedicated to the fight against HIV & AIDS and viral hepatitis on a national and regional basis. PILS’ Strategic Plan 2019-2021 is a key document that describes the HIV situation and outlines the response of PILS to the epidemic in the country and regionally. It builds on the achievements and lessons learnt from the implementation of the previous strategic plan, as well as the needs identified in 2018. The goals and strategic objectives are aligned with national priorities.
In 2019, an exercise of strategic planning for the association was performed. The 2019 objectives for the strategic development of PILS were:
- Create a more enabling environment for the respects of the rights of communities vulnerable to HIV, STIs and HCV through consolidating a community approach at local level and supporting regional and international multi-partner
- Achieve social change by reinforcing and restructuring the mobilisation of communities, members and volunteers as the core of PILS’ Architecture to increase capacity for meaningful involvement and activism.
- Reduce vulnerabilities of communities with regard to STI, HIV and HCV through strengthening PILS’ package of health services and enhancing multi-stakeholder collaboration, while adopting an innovative and community based approach.
- Consolidate PILS’ internal structure through streamlining the internal workflow process, managing all human resources consistently and shifting the functioning of the association to integrate an active and sustainable implication of PILS’ activist members.
PILS needs to further develop on these 4 strategic Goals by reviewing our strategic & community-based initiatives. In relation to the 2019 Strategic Plan, adjust its objectives, refocus its mandate, and think, together with the stakeholders involved, how to strengthen our impact for the next two years.
PILS is a member of Coalition Internationale Sida (Coalition PLUS) and is the Sub Recipient for civil society under the Global Fund to fight AIDS Tuberculosis and Malaria.
Objectives of the consultancy:
Overall objective: Develop the new strategic Plan 2022-2024 for Pils to strengthen its services to beneficiaries, relationship with funders, ensure long-term institutional and financial sustainability and to become a great place to work.
- The consultant will have to coordinate a self-evaluation of PILS’ response to 2019-21 based on evidence and by using SWOT analysis.
- Review the definitions around Pils’ vision, mission and set of values
- Develop the association’s strategic actions in line with existing strategic goals through existing evidence and the participation of internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop a budgeted operational plan based on the major strategies identified in the strategic plan 2022/24.
- Develop a fundraising plan.
- Accompany internal teams to define an execution plan
At the term of the consultancy, the consultant will submit a document describing the following:
- Evaluation of Pils in line with Strategic Plan 2019/21 and new epidemic situation and a financial analysis of allocation of funds/cost-effectiveness
- A 2-year strategic plan including the rationale for each strategy
- A logical framework for the association, including indicators and outcomes.
- A detailed time-bound execution plan of the strategic action plan, teams and interdependencies, including resource requirements.
- A list of funding strategies and opportunities for the specific strategic objectives for the financial sustainability of the strategic plan
Conditions of consultancy
Duration of work: This consultancy will last between 15 to 30 working days and include the organization of a one-day workshop to present the draft report.
Management of consultancy: The consultant will act as a facilitator, working in close collaboration with PILS’ executive committee, Head of departments and team leaders, staff, volunteers, beneficiaries, and partners while using a recognized strategic planning methodology to reach the aims of the consultancy.
Requirements for consultant/firm
Any individual or firm which is interested in this call for proposals is requested to submit the following documents:
- A description of the methodology proposed
- The CV of the person(s) proposed for this activity and a personal motivation letter, including the daily fees requested
- A detailed action plan including proposed number of working days
- Contact details of 3 referees with which the consultant has conducted similar exercises
Timeframe: the consultancy should ideally start at the beginning of October 15th 2021, with a submission of the draft strategic plan before the 20th of December 2021.
Profile of applicants: qualification and competencies
- Master’s in social sciences, public health, development, or relevant field experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of HIV programmes or related fields.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the international, regional, and local context of HIV as well as international institutions and funding mechanisms.
- Proven writing and analytical abilities.
- Proven experience in developing and drafting strategic frameworks.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in spoken French and Mauritian kreol is essential.
Applications should be sent only by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 11th of October 2021.