Job opportunity: Community Health Services Manager
Community Health Services Manager (1 year contract)
|Reports to:||Executive Director – PILS|
Direct reporting staff of department
|Main Functions:||The Community Services Manager will be responsible for managing all services delivered at the Community Health Services (CHS) Department, “Nou Vi La”, comprising medical and psychosocial interventions, community-based activities and research, outreach interventions. A specific focus will be put on revamping the department’s processes, organisation and interventions.|
- Department Strengthening
- Based on community feedback, revamp the organisation of CHS Department streamline service delivery, through the revision/creation of work processes ensuring synergies between the teams (medical, outreach, social, psychological…)
- Set-up a proper case management system to reduce the number of lost to follow-up
- Develop a referral system in collaboration with partner NGOs and other institutions, including MOH
- Develop key performance indicators, in collaboration with the Monitoring & Evaluation team
- Introduce notion of quality system associated with our service delivery to our beneficiaries in-house and at outreach level
- Assess and strengthen internal service synergies to improve internal HIV Cascade for PILS’ beneficiaries.
- Oversee the implementation of a digital patient management system
- Program Management
- Ensure the delivery of relevant interventions in line with PILS strategic plan
- Ensure the implementation of programs as per the annual action plan
- Support and line-manage the day-to-day work of the team through formal organizational procedures and informal good management practice, based on the needs of team members
- Ensure that programs’ outcomes are relevant, measurable and in line with monitoring and evaluation standards
- Participate in the production & oversight of the department’s annual workplan & budget
- Manage the department’s budgets through approving the relevant expenditure incurred, expenditure changes and reallocations & ensuring smooth processes with the financial department
- Oversee the financial & programmatic reporting, as well as ensure proper communication of activities
- Capacity Development & Team Planning
- Lead the capacity assessment & development plan of the department’s staff members
- Identify & develop training modules on specific topics as identified by the CHS Manager
- Actively support and encourage department’s staff members and participate to their capacity development and skills reinforcement
- Lead the annual performance appraisal of staff members
- In coordination with the PILS Executive Director, ensure complementarity between PILS’ activities and other programs being implemented at local and regional level.
- Liaise with PILS staff, committees and the executive committee through regular participation at working sessions, management meetings and other relevant fora.
- Contribute to project writing exercises to ensure department’s program funding
- Approve & coordinate when necessary relevant proposals of partnerships or participation in events
- Act as the PILS Focal Point for important funders of the department.
- Participate, as required, in funder meetings and other training fora.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen effective relationships between PILS implementing partners.
- Masters’ degree in social sciences, public health or development field (or equivalent) and at least 3 years of management experience in project management in the social/development sector or Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public health or development field (or equivalent) and at least 5 years of progressively responsible management experience in project management in the social/development sector.
- At least 5 years’ relevant HIV/AIDS or related health field management experience related to Key Affected Populations at a national level.
- Strong organisation skills with a specific focus on quality service delivery
- Experience of managing human and financial resources.
- Extensive experience of HIV or Health Related Program management.
- Extensive experience of designing and providing technical support to, and capacity building of, individuals and organizations, including strong workshop facilitations skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and health systems strengthening.
- Experience of working with Key Affected Populations.
- Fluent in French & Creole
- Excellent IT skills
- Good understanding of the HIV epidemic in Mauritius & the Indian Ocean region
- Experience of managing Key Affected Populations Programs (People Living with HIV, People Who Use Drugs, Men having Sex with Men, Transgender, Sex Workers)
- Working knowledge of English
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th of September 2021
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.