Job opportunity: Capacity Building & Community Mobilisation Manager
Capacity Building & Community Mobilisation Manager
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Responsible for:||Regional Capacity Building Officers and Community Mobilisation Coordinator|
|Main Functions:||The Capacity Building & Community Mobilisation Manager will be responsible for managing the capacity building/technical assistance activities targeting NGOs at both local (Mauritius & Rodrigues) and regional (Indian Ocean) level and the community mobilisation efforts with the aim to further develop PILS as a volunteer-based organisation.|
- Program Management
- Ensure the implementation of the relevant developed strategies of PILS strategic orientations, with support from appropriate staff and stakeholders.
- Manage and lead the activities and capacity building initiatives related to the Indian Ocean Regional Platform
- Contribute to design frameworks for effective collaboration between the partners of the Indian Ocean Platform
- Ensure effective implementation of activities through the strengthening of NGO at local and regional level, including managing formal processes such as planning, and informal ones such as seeking regular inputs.
- Support and line-manage the day-to-day work of the team through formal organizational procedures and informal good management practice, based on the needs of team members
- In collaboration with the Community Mobilisation Coordinator, lead the development of community mobilisation initiatives and the increase of volunteers involved in PILS’s activities through devising a community mobilisation strategy
- In collaboration with the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, ensure that programs’ outcomes are relevant, measurable and in line with monitoring and evaluation standards; contribute meaningfully to yearly evaluations initiatives of the Department’s activities
- Lead the production of the department’s budget, workplan and M&E plan as per PILS’ procedures
- Manage the department’s budget through approving the relevant expenditure incurred, and ensuring smooth processes with the finance and admin units
- Capacity Development & Team Planning
- Coordinate the capacity assessment of all NGOs involved in the implementation of the department’s activities.
- Develop coordinated capacity development plan for all NGOs involved in the department’s programs.
- Provide technical and capacity building support and advice to NGOs, through the implementation of a capacity development plan.
- Lead the capacity assessment & development plan of the department’s staff members
- Coach direct reports to ensure their growth in their positions so that they lead their projects successfully
- Actively support and encourage department’s staff members and participate to their capacity development and skills reinforcement
- Lead the annual performance appraisal of staff members, and support direct reports in the appraisals of their teams
- Ensure the sharing and use of programme knowledge and strategic information.
- As a member of the Management Committee, ensure the successful implementation of the developed strategies of PILS strategic orientations through a quarterly meeting to review progress made.
- In the absence of the Executive Director, ensure proper operation of PILS with other members of the Management Committee
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Management Committee, ensure complementarity between PILS’ activities and other programs being implemented at local and regional level.
- Liaise with PILS’ staff, committees and the executive committee through regular participation at working sessions, management meetings and other relevant fora.
- Contribute to project writing exercises to ensure department’s program funding
- Representation & networking
- Identify and build strong alliances with potential partners from all sectors in Mauritius and abroad
- Oversee the facilitation, development and structuring of the regional platform
- Maintain and strengthen effective relationships between PILS and its partners through regular meetings and information sharing
- Participate, as required, in funder’s meetings and other training fora.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen effective relationships between PILS implementing partners.
|Job description:||Capacity Building & Community Mobilisation Manager|
- Masters’ degree in social sciences, public health or development field (or equivalent) and at least 3 years of management experience in project management in the capacity building/development sector or Bachelors degree in social sciences, public health or development field (or equivalent) and at least 5 years of progressively responsible management experience in project management in the capacity building/development sector.
- At least 5 years’ relevant HIV/AIDS or related health field management experience in the public sector at a national level.
- Experience of managing human and financial resources.
- Extensive experience of HIV or Health Related Program management.
- Extensive experience of designing and providing technical support to, and capacity building of, individuals and organizations, including strong workshop facilitations skills.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Excellent knowledge of NGOs management practices.
- Culturally-sensitive and flexible in diverse working environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and health systems strengthening.
- Experience of working in countries with concentrated HIV epidemics, including knowledge of working with Key Affected Populations.
- Fluent in French, Creole and English
- Excellent IT skills
- Good understanding of the HIV epidemic in Mauritius & the Indian Ocean region
- Driving License
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com by the 3rd of June 2019.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.