Job opportunities : 2 Regional Capacity Building Officers
Regional Capacity Building Officers
|Reports to:||Indian Ocean Platform Co-Coordinator(s)|
|Responsible for:||Thematic experts, national focal points|
|Main Functions:||Regional Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for (1) coordinating capacity building activities, including the identification and mobilisation of community experts; (2) assisting the IOP Co-Coordinator(s) in strengthening the regional network and (3) channelling the identified needs in advocacy and research from the partners to PILS; through regular travels – at least six yearly – in Madagascar, Comoros, Seychelles, Rodrigues Islands.|
- Capacity Building Programmes
- Contribute to the identification of needs of (a) partner NGOs through capacity assessment and (b) Indian ocean countries as regards key aspects of the response to HIV & AIDS especially key affected populations (People living with HIV, People Who Use Drugs, Men having Sex with Men, Transgender people, Sex Workers).
- Contribute in the development of national capacity building action plans in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders and in line with PILS’ strategies and the mission of the regional platform.
- Ensure the quality of effective and timely implementation of planned capacity building activities.
- In collaboration with the national focal points and through mentorship and coaching, advise and ensure follow-up with NGOs for implementation of agreed activities.
- Assist the Indian Ocean Platform Co-coordinator(s) to ensure coordinated and complementary efforts between PILS activities and other programs being implemented at local and regional level.
- Regularly liaise with community advocacy and research teams to conduct needs assessments and formulate adequate requests for support at both national and regional level.
- Regularly update the activities monitoring sheet and work in close collaboration with the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team to ensure timely and reliable data collection, analysis and dissemination.
- Liaise with administrative and finance teams to ensure appropriate logistics pertaining to activities
- Participate in the development of fundraising proposals for the programme.
- Participate in the production & overseeing of the department’s annual costed work and M&E plan.
- Identification and mobilisation of community experts
- Participate in identifying and selecting community expertise and experts in line with the platform’s strategies through development of adequate tools.
- In collaboration with the national focal point, assess and monitor skills & competency level of community experts and provide training where required.
- Work in close collaboration with the identified community experts and focal points to design and work towards capacity building of selected NGOs on specific topics related to NGO Management and programmes targeting Key Affected Populations.
- Participate in development and provision of training materials and relevant support to community experts and focal points, and ensure they are up to date.
- Participate in developing adequate work processes and ensure their effective implementation by identified community experts and focal points
- Support and line-manage the day-to-day work of the focal points
- Network Management
- Assist the co-coordinator in the facilitation, governance, development and structuring of the regional platform
- Act as the focal point to NGOs (including PILS) and ensure proper communication in relation to capacity development plans and activities
- Assist in maintaining and strengthening effective relationships between PILS and its partners through regular meetings and information sharing
- Prospect new partnerships and coordinate relevant requests to join the regional platform
- Participate, as required, in funder’s meetings and other training fora
|Job description:||Regional Capacity Building Officer|
Essential requirements and desirable qualities, skills and experiences:
- Degree in social sciences, public health or any other related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in delivering training sessions and/or coordinating workshop-format sessions
- At least 3 years relevant HIV & AIDS experience and/or health-related program management at the local or regional level
- Track record of being self-directed, persistent, and data-driven
- Experience in working with key affected populations and marginalized communities
- Strong commitment to the global HIV response, community and health systems strengthening
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning & order skills.
- Excellent knowledge of NGO management practices.
- Culturally-sensitive and flexible in diverse working environments.
- Driving License
- Fluent in French, English and Creole
- Excellent IT skills (Minimum: Microsoft Office 365 including MS Outlook)
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by the 6th May 2019.
PILS has an anti-discriminatory recruitment policy. This policy is based on skills, experience and profile of candidates, without any regards to their age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or HIV status. All competent candidates, including members of the Key Affected Populations, are encouraged to apply. PILS reserves the right not to appoint any person to this position.