Job alert: Project Coordinator
Job title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Project Implementation Committee (AILES, PILS and Kinouété) and Grants Management Coordinator at PILS
Responsible for: Project Officers and Support Officer
Background: We are a consortium of local organisations, namely Kinouété, AILES & PILS. We are implementing a 3 year’s project that aims at improving healthcare for inmates and former inmates in Mauritius, living or affected by HIV, hepatitis C and tuberculosis.
Main Functions: Under the overall guidance of the Senior Finance Manager at PILS, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for organizing the ongoing projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholders’ meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
● Ensure the partners understand the activities they have to implement as described in the project proposal and monitoring tool
● Lead, supervise and ensure implementation of the project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures by all the partners.
● Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
● Develop project strategies in collaboration with the Project Implementation Committee.
● Work closely with the Project officers of partners organisations on the project to ensure effective and efficient implementation of activities as per the project proposal and the monitoring tool.
● Ensure the project adheres to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for all activities.
● Advise, support and develop the capacity of partners to implement and monitor project outcomes and to perform continuous evaluation.
● Lead assessment process related project risks and issues and suggest solutions where applicable.
● Organize, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings.
● Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
● Work closely with internal teams for smooth running of the project activities and ensure complementarity with other activities and services.
● Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
● Ensure proper communication among partners in relation to plans and activities.
● Ensure monthly meetings with the Grant Management team for feedbacks and monitoring of the project.
● Follow up budget and programme implementation including any request for re-allocation and milestones with Grant Management team.
● Inform the Grant Management of any issue or changes which require PILS’ special attention.
● Ensure project deadlines are met.
● Ensure stakeholders views are managed towards the best solution.
● Participate in the project’s audit and collaborate with the follow-up of the audit.
● Ensure proper, effective, and timely reporting.
● Provide administrative support as needed.
● Undertake project tasks as required.
● Support inter-partners coordination on the program and ensure appropriate liaison and coordination between beneficiaries and implementing partners.
● Identify and strengthen effective relationship with other stakeholders that could support the project.
● Assist in maintaining and strengthening effective relationships between all members, stakeholders and partners through regular meetings and information sharing
● Participate, as required, in meetings and other trainings.
Essential requirements and desirable qualities, skills and experiences:
● At least 1 year of management experience in project management in the social/development sector or Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public health or development field (or equivalent)
● Strong organisational skills
● Strong Interpersonal Skills
● Experience of managing human and financial resources.
● Experience of Health Related Program management.
● Extensive experience of designing and providing technical support to, and capacity building of, individuals and organizations, including strong workshop facilitations skills.
● Strong analytical skills.
● Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills (French, English and Creole).
● Experience of working with Key Affected Populations.
● Excellent IT skills.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th of July 2021
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.