Job opportunity: Research Assistant for the EPIC study (3 or 5 months)
EPIC: Flash HIV/HCV Surveys to Assess the Impact of the COVID-19 Health Crisis in the Community Setting.
Job opportunity: Research Assistant for the EPIC study, available full-time (3 Months) or Part-time Basis (5 months) as from October 2021.
EPIC is being undertaken by Prevention Information et Lutte Contre Le SIDA (PILS) in collaboration with Coalition PLUS, a network of more than 50 NGOs fighting against HIV, Hepatitis and Sexually Transmitted Infections worldwide.
The general objective of EPIC is to study the impact of the COVID-19 health crisis on key populations, populations affected by HIV/HCV, and the people working with them (community health workers). The study is currently being implemented in 42 NGOs across the world. The present study aims to understand the impact of COVID-19 related measures on people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIVs) under the care of PILS.
The data generated is expected to contribute to the overall EPIC study and to inform PILS’ fundraising activities, strategic plan and communication materials.
Duties & Responsibilities
The research assistant will contribute to:
- A retrospective analysis of the data (both qualitative and quantitative) collected during the 1st lockdown in 2020
- Data collection for the EPIC study starting in October and ending in December 2021.
- Compiling and presenting preliminary findings to internal stakeholders
Under the guidance of the EPIC Coordinator, day-to-day activities will include:
- Cleaning the database compiled from phone interviews with PILS beneficiaries during the previous lockdown
- Carrying out interviews face-to-face or by phone with PILS beneficiaries
- Liaising with site supervisors, interviewers as well as colleagues from Community Health Services (CHS), Admin and Finance to ensure that appointments for interviews are kept and study participants are remunerated
- Helping to organize Steering Committees and Weekly meetings (sending invites, sharing agenda and note-taking)
- Report Writing
- Any other duties related to the EPIC project, as appropriate and agreed upon beforehand.
- A personal action plan
- 30 interviews carried out by 15th December 2021
- Notes of Meeting of Weekly Meetings and Steering Committees
- A literature review
- An actionable dataset
- A detailed quantitative report linking the impact of the 1st lockdown with the current EPIC project
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or Social Sciences, Medical or Health sciences with excellent results in quantitative modules
- Proven experience in data cleaning, mining and report writing
- Demonstrated capacity to perform statistical analysis using your own equipment (laptop) and software (SPSS, R, STATA, Python, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills in French, Creole and English (spoken and written)
- Willingness to work some weekends, if appropriate
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups (as a volunteer or as a professional)
- Experience using MS Access and in training individuals
- Project Management and basic accounting experience
- Prior knowledge of HIV, Hepatitis C, Tuberculosis and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of September 2021
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.