Short term consultancy: Human Resources Management
Call for Proposals: Short-term consultancy to support PILS in the area of Human Resources Management
Terms of Reference (ToR)
PILS is a non-governmental organisation created in 1996 and is dedicated to the response to the HIV & AIDS epidemic at the national and regional level. Our team is comprised of around 35 staff members. PILS recently devised a new strategic plan (2019-2021) which underscores the need to update its policies and procedures related to human resources.
- Objectives of the consultancy:
Overall objective: Consolidate PILS’ human resources practices and objectives to provide an employee-oriented; high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, employees’ wellbeing and goal attainment to support PILS’ strategic goals.
2 . Deliverables expected
- Carry out an HR audit and update:
- the existing job profiles so that they are in line with PILS’ 2019-2021 Strategic Plan
- the hiring, induction process and the performance appraisal process, the wellness aspects, job descriptions, organisational chart, personnel file review, remuneration and benefits, the employee handbook;
- Review, revise and consolidate the existing HRM processes and organisational chart;
- Review, revise and consolidate procedures with regards to promotion, training, health & safety policy, code of ethic and grievances.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of an HR resource and of other relevant human resources according to the finalised organisational chart
- Develop a long-term wellness plan;
- Review performance management and develop a talent retention plan
- Develop a long-term salary scale tailor-made for PILS, including non-monetary compensation & benefits plan
3. Conditions of Consultancy
Duration of work: This consultancy will be on a 3 months contract (10th June 2019 -10th September 2019) renewable after review.
Requirements for consultant/firm: Any individual or firm interested in this call for proposals is requested to submit a detailed costed proposal, including specific objectives, methodology and proposed work plan related to deliverables mentioned in paragraph 3 above.
Profile of applicants:
- Advanced university degree in HR management or similar academic experience.
- Proven experience of 5 years in HR field.
- Proven record on assignments/ projects of similar nature executed during the last 5 years
- Knowledge of NGOs and experience of working with NGOs.
- Experience in managing human resources from Key Populations affected by HIV, namely People Living with HIV, People Who Use Drugs, Men having Sex with Men, Transgender, Commercial Sex Workers and other marginalized communities
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Submission: 31st May 2019.