Job opportunity: Project Coordinator
Job description : Project Coordinator
Reports to: Project Implementation Committee under the supervision of Grants Manager
Responsible for: Project officers
Background: We are a consortium of local organisations namely, Kinouete, AILES & PILS. We are implementing a 3 year’s project that aims at improving healthcare for inmates and former inmates in Mauritius, living or affected by HIV, HCV and Tuberculosis.
Main functions: Under the overall guidance of the Grants Manager, the Project Coordinator will be in charge of organizing our ongoing project. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholders’ meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
1. Lead, supervise and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures. Program Management
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Develop project strategies in collaboration with the Project Implementation Committee.
- Work closely with the Project officers of partners organisations on the project to ensure effective and efficient monitoring of activities.
- Ensure the project adheres to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for all activities.
- Advise, support and develop the capacity of partners to implement and monitor project outcomes and to perform continuous evaluation.
- Lead assessment process related project risks and issues and suggest solutions where applicable.
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Work closely with internal teams for smooth running of the project activities and ensure complementarity with others activities and services.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensure proper communication among partners in relation to plans and activities.
- Report on the project to the Grants Manager for onwards approval by the Project Implementation Committee.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Determine project changes.
- Ensure stakeholders views are managed towards the best solution.
- Participate in the project’s audit and collaborate with the follow-up of the audit.
- Ensure proper, effective and timely reporting.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Undertake project tasks as required.
- Network Management
- Support inter-partners coordination on the program and ensure appropriate liaison and coordination between beneficiaries and implementing partners
- Identify and strengthen effective relationship with other stakeholders that could support the project
- Assist in maintaining and strengthening effective relationships between all members, stakeholders and partners through regular meetings and information sharing
- Participate, as required, in meetings and other training fora
|Job description:||Project Coordinator|
Essential requirements and desirable qualities, skills and experiences:
- Degree in social sciences, public health or any other related field or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in program management and coordinating workshop-format sessions
- Track record of being self-directed, persistent, and data-driven
- Experience in working with human rights issues, key affected populations and marginalized communities
- Commitment to human rights, and community development issues
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning & order skills.
- Excellent knowledge of NGO management practices.
- Culturally sensitive and flexible in diverse working environments.
- Driving License
- Fluent in French, English and Creole
- Good IT skills
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by Tuesday 26 of May 2020.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.