Job opportunity : Social Worker
Job Title: Social Worker
Reports to: Outreach Coordinator
Main Functions: The Social Worker acts as an advocate and help PILS’s beneficiaries to develop their capacities and develop coping mechanisms in order to improve and better their daily lives and experiences, within specified standards and timescales.
• Counselling to People Living with HIV & AIDS (PLWH) to assess needs. Provide information to PLWH on HIV & AIDS, and related subjects (Treatment, Human Rights, and Risk Reduction).
• Assist PLWH in administrative procedures with related authorities, and any other institutions such as homes, social services & rehabilitation centers and empowerment opportunities.
• Accompany PLWH if required during their administrative procedures with institutions.
• Conducting initial assessments of clients’ situation to determine needs and goals and liaise with required internal teams.
• Assess needs in terms of financial & psychological assistance of PLWH.
• Do homes and hospitals visits when required and liaise with social workers in hospitals and other NGOs.
• Ensuring that all case files, and other records, strictly comply with policies, regulations, and procedures
• Encourage Pils’ eligible beneficiaries to register with Social Register Mauritius
• Recording of daily activities according to M&E and community center requirements.
• Reporting and follow-up of activities during staff meetings & through compilation of data.
• Be active in PILS activities & projects.
• Actively participating in ongoing training as needed in order to meet all certification standards and credentialing policies.
• Build relationship with social institutions and related NGO partners, and establish referral processes
• Responsible for the oversight of referral procedure, and maintaining social & institutional partner relationships
• Degree in Social Work or any other related social sciences
• Counselling skills
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
• Knowledge of HIV & AIDS
• Valid driving license
• Working experience with key affected population
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by the 11th of October 2021
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.