Job opportunity: Senior Monitoring & Evaluation officer
Senior Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
M&E Officer & M&E clerk
The Senior M&E Officer will manage the Monitoring and Evaluation system for projects/ grants implemented by PILS and implementing partners. S/he will develop and implement an M&E Plan for PILS.
Objective: To effectively set up and implement an efficient M&E system for interventions implemented by PILS and partners.
- Contribute to the review and updating of the annual integrated PILS M&E work plan and budget.
- Devise and assist in the implementation of an M&E framework for each new project of each units.
- Work with implementing partners to review their data collection approaches and management information systems and support them to implement any required changes.
- Develop data management processes and procedures for PILS’ M&E Unit and implementing partners.
- Set up and implement a data audit system.
- Work with other members of the programmes implemented by PILS and finance teams, to liaise with implementing partners in preparing and submitting programmatic and other reports on a timely basis, as required, for both internal and external use.
- Review, analyse and provide timely feedback on programme reports and other documents relating to programmes and implementing partners.
- Analyse and document the progress, impact, challenges and lessons learned from programmes.
- Develop tools and resources for use by PILS so as to harmonise and create uniformity for overall reporting on PILS’ interventions.
- Support the implementation of a dissemination plan for collected data.
- Compile information on monitoring and evaluation activities that includes reviewing workshop reports, participating in visit de-briefs, and extracting information from quarterly reports and reviews and re-planning reports.
2. Capacity Development
Objective: To ensure the development of M&E capacity of staff within the PILS, implementing partners and partner organisations in the Indian Ocean Region
- Assess the monitoring and evaluation needs of all partners involved in the implementation of grants involving PILS, in coordination with the Grants Management Team and Technical Managers for Financial Support, in particular reviewing partner internal control systems.
- Assist the Grants Manager to coordinate, develop and implement capacity development plans for implementing partners.
- Work in collaboration with the different departments and programmes of PILS at national and regional level to coordinate, develop and implement capacity development plans
- Provide technical and capacity building support and advice in M&E to implementing partners, through the implementation of a capacity development plan
- Assist in the identification, procurement and management of any relevant external technical support that may be required for an efficient and integrated M&E System.
- Contribute to the monitoring, reviewing and evaluation of the progress and impact of capacity building programmes.
- Ensure the sharing and use of monitoring findings, programme knowledge and strategic information with the M&E Unit of the National AIDS Secretariat, as well as with and in-between implementing partners.
Objective: To ensure effective coordination of the M&E system of PILS with relevant national M&E systems.
- Ensure complementarity between the national M&E systems and those of PILS
- Ensure coordination of activities and sharing of information with partners
- Input relevant data and information generated through projects and grants (including Global Fund grants) into national reporting mechanisms
- Assist with biennial and annual review meetings of implementing partners
Objective: To represent the PILS M&E Unit with a variety of stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Grant Manager to act as PILS focal point in relation to external partners such as the NAS, GF, LFA and the GF Secretariat teams, in relation to M&E matters.
- Ensure clear and timely reporting and feedback to local and external partners such as the Global Fund Country Coordinating Mechanism & in–country development partners.
- Participate, as and when required, in local and external meetings and other training fora.
|Senior M&E Officer|
- Master’s Degree in the social sciences, public health, development field, statistics or economics (or equivalent).
- At least 5 years’ working experience in public health any other related field.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Monitoring & Evaluation in the development sector.
- Experience of supporting national M&E Programmes.
- Experience in managing database
- Experience of designing and providing technical support to, and capacity building of, individuals and organizations, including strong workshop facilitations skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports in both French and English.
- Experience of working in countries with concentrated HIV epidemics
- Fluent in English, French and Creole.
- Good understanding of the HIV epidemic in Mauritius & strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and health systems strengthening.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English, French and Creole.
- Strong interpersonal skills and managerial capacity
- Experience of managing health programmes in small island developing states.
- Working knowledge of the Global Fund to fight TB, AIDS and Malaria.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by Monday 09 of December 2019.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.