Job opportunity: Senior Finance Manager
Senior Finance Manager
|Reports to:||Grants Manager|
|Responsible for:||Finance Manager and Financial Officer|
|Main Functions:||The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for managing the financial systems of PILS and providing advice and technical support to Sub-Recipients implementing Programs under PILS. S/he will support the implementation of the PILs programs; promote robust financial management systems, and ensure timely and comprehensive reporting to funders. S/he will support the financial monitoring and reporting of PILS, and actively represent and contributing to auditing, budgeting and financial reviews on behalf of PILS and the Sub-Recipients.|
- Financial Management
Objective: To effectively develop and manage financial management and reporting systems.
- Lead, support and manage the implementation of robust financial management systems within PILS.
- Develop and implement effective budgeting procedures for departments and the entire organisation, as well as important funders.
- Work with other members of the Programs and M&E teams, to liaise with sub-recipients in preparing and submitting financial reports on a timely basis, as required, for internal and external use.
- Review, analyse and provide timely feedback on financial reports to sub-recipients.
- Analyse and document variances and grant progress.
- Coordinate financial reporting from sub-recipients into the Progress Update/Disbursement Request and submit to the funders.
- Maintain effective relationships between monitoring and programmatic teams.
- Contribute to the development of tools and resources for use by PILS and its sub-recipients in implementing strong financial systems.
- Review financial workshop reports, participating in visit de-briefs, and extracting information from quarterly reports and review and re-planning reports.
- Capacity Development
Objective: To ensure the capacity development of all stakeholders in PILS programs
- Assess the financial needs of all partners involved in the implementation of PILS grants, in coordination with the government PR team and relevant funders, in particular reviewing partner internal financial control systems.
- Develop coordinated capacity development plans for all partners, in conjunction with the above staff.
- Provide financial capacity building support and advice to sub-recipients, through the implementation of the capacity development plan.
- Identify, procure and manage any relevant external technical support that may be required for Programs and sub-recipients.
- Coordinate capacity development efforts with other Programs being implemented as part of the Mauritius National Strategic Framework.
- Ensure the sharing and use of strategic information.
Objective: To ensure the coordination of the PILS Program with the National Strategic Framework.
- Ensure complimentarily between the PILS and National AIDS Secretariat Program.
- Ensure coordination of activities and sharing of information.
- Involve a wide variety of stakeholders (Global Fund and non-Global Fund partners) in training and information sharing sessions.
- Input PILS information to national financial accounting mechanisms.
|Job description:||Senior Finance Manager|
- Fully qualified accountant, registered with a recognized accounting body
- Non-judgmental and mature attitude towards the beneficiaries of proposed services, i.e., vulnerable populations (People who inject drugs, who live with HIV or engaged in sex work)
- At least 5 years’ relevant finance/accounting experience
- Working knowledge of the Global Fund, and its financial management requirements.
- Extensive experience of providing financial management support to individuals.
- Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms
- Excellent numeracy skills with an attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts)
- Ability to manage budget of multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in French.
- Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS.
- Working Knowledge of the Global Fund, and its financial management requirements.
- Good understanding of the HIV epidemic in Mauritius.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by Friday 30th of August 2019.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.