Job opportunity: Regional Programme officer
Regional Programme Officer
|Reports to:||Indian Ocean Platform Co-Coordinator|
|Responsible for:||Thematic experts, national focal points|
|Main Functions:||Regional Programme Officer will be responsible for (1) managing capacity building activities, including the identification and mobilisation of community experts; (2) assist the IOP Co-Coordinator in strengthening the regional network and (3) channel the identified needs in advocacy and research from the partners to PILS; through regular travels in Madagascar, Comoros, Seychelles, Rodrigues.|
- Capacity Building Programmes
- Contribute to the identification of needs of (a) partner NGOs through capacity assessment and (b) Indian ocean countries as regards key aspects of the fight against HIV & AIDS especially key affected populations (People living with HIV, People Who Use Drugs, Men having Sex with Men, Transgender people, Sex Workers)
- Develop national capacity building action plans in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders and in line with PILS’ strategies and the mission of the regional platform.
- Ensure the quality of effective and timely implementation of planned capacity building activities
- In collaboration with the national focal points, advise and ensure follow-up with NGOs for implementation of agreed activities through mentorship and coaching
- Work with the Indian Ocean Platform Co-coordinator to ensure coordinated and complementary efforts between PILS activities and other programs being implemented at local and regional level.
- Regularly liaise with community advocacy and research teams to conduct needs-assessments and formulate proper request for support at both national and regional level.
- Regularly update the activities monitoring sheet and work in close collaboration with the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team to ensure proper data collection, analysis and dissemination
- Liaise with admin and finance units to ensure the proper organisation of logistics pertaining to activities.
- Participate in the development of fundraising proposals for the programme
- Participate in the production & overseeing of the department’s annual costed work plan.
2. Identification and mobilisation of community experts
- Identify and select community expertise and experts in line with the platform’s strategies through development of adequate tools
- In collaboration with the national focal point, assess and monitor skills & competency level of community experts and provide training where required
- Work in close collaboration with the identified community experts and focal points to design and work towards capacity building of selected NGOs on specific topics related to NGO Management and Key Affected Populations programmes.
- Provide training materials and relevant support to community experts and focal points to ensure they are up to date in terms of information with regards to HIV and related subjects in line with their area/topics of intervention.
- Devise work processes and ensure their effective implementation by identified community experts and focal points
- Support and line-manage the day-to-day work of the focal points
- Network Management
- Assist the co-coordinator in the facilitation, development and structuring of the regional platform
- Act as the focal point to NGOs (including PILS) and ensure proper communication in relation to capacity development plans and activities
- Assist in maintaining and strengthening effective relationships between PILS and its partners through regular meetings and information sharing
- Prospect new partnerships and coordinate relevant requests to join the regional platform
- Participate, as required, in funder’s meetings and other training fora
|Job description:||Regional Capacity Building Officer|
Essential requirements and desirable qualities, skills and experiences:
- Degree in social sciences, public health or any other related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in delivering training sessions and/or coordinating workshop-format sessions
- At least 3 years relevant HIV/AIDS experience and /or health-related program management at the local or regional level
- Experience of working with key affected populations
- Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and health systems strengthening
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning & organisational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of NGOs’ management practices.
- Culturally-sensitive and flexible in diverse working environments.
- Driving License
- Fluent in French, English and Creole
- Excellent IT skills (Minimum: Microsoft Office suite including MS Outlook)
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by Monday 09th of December 2019.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.