Job opportunity : Project Coordinator
|Reports to:||Grants Manager|
We are a consortium of local organisations namely, Gender Links, Collectif Arc En ciel, PILS, Young Queer Alliance and Kolektif Drwa Zanfan Morisien. We are implementing an 11 months project that aims to advance equality and equal protection before the law in order to secure the rights of citizens without discrimination. The programme is hosted by PILS and managed by a committee comprised of the organisation in the consortium. It focuses on reform of laws that discriminate against LGBT++ people, women and girls by adopting an inter sectional approach.
|Main Functions:||Under the overall guidance of the Project Implementation Committee and the Grants Manager, the Project Coordinator will be in charge of organizing our ongoing project. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.|
- Program Management
- Lead, supervise and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensure proper communication in relation plans and activities ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determine project changes.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Undertake project tasks as required.
- Develop project strategies in collaboration with the project implementation committee
- Report on project to the project implementation committee
- Ensure project adheres to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholders views are managed towards the best solution.
- Participate in the project’s audit and collaborate with the follow-up
- Ensure proper and timely reporting
- Advise, support and develop the capacity to monitor project outcomes and to perform continuous evaluation
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Network Management
- Support inter-partners coordination on the program and ensure appropriate liaison and coordination between beneficiaries and implementing partners
- Assist in maintaining and strengthening effective relationships between all members and stakeholders and its partners through regular meetings and information sharing
- Participate, as required, in meetings and other training fora
|Job description:||Project Coordinator|
Essential requirements and desirable qualities, skills and experiences:
- Degree in social sciences, public health or any other related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in program management and coordinating workshop-format sessions
- Track record of being self-directed, persistent, and data-driven
- Experience in working with human rights issues, key affected populations and marginalized communities
- Commitment to the human rights, and community development issues
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning & order skills.
- Excellent knowledge of NGO management practices.
- Culturally-sensitive and flexible in diverse working environments.
- Driving License
- Fluent in French, English and Creole
- Good IT skills
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by the 17th of May 2019.
PILS has an anti-discriminatory recruitment policy. This policy is based on skills, experience and profile of candidates, without any regards to their age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or HIV status. All competent candidates, including members of the Key Affected Populations, are encouraged to apply. PILS reserves the right not to appoint any person to this position.