Job opportunity: Programme and Research Coordinator
|Reports to:||Community Health & Research Manager|
|Main Functions:||The Programme and Research Coordinator will be responsible for the programmatic support to the Community Health & Research Services department and for the setting-up and development of PILS’ community research unit.|
- Programme management
- Assist in the coordination, organization and delivery of the department’s activities
- Assist the Community Health & Research Manager in the programmatic and financial follow-up of programs
- Support the CH&R Manager in the production of Standard Operating Procedures for key intervention areas of the department.
- In collaboration with the team and community groups, investigate for alternative solutions where programs are not operating as initially planned
- Liaise with M&E, Finance and Grant Management teams for reporting requirements, indicators and targets, deadlines and allocated budgets.
- Coordination of community research projects
- Plan and coordinate the initiation of research study protocols, and the establishment of operating policies and procedures.
- Prepare research ethics committee applications
- Write and edit draft questionnaires and reports including progress reports and the final research report
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of research data and implementation of effective data management systems
- Recruit, instruct and coordinate research subjects and/or volunteers, as appropriate to specific study objectives and work scope.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of any technical support staff specifically engaged in the Implementation of research, as appropriate to the position
- Plan and coordinate the staffing of research studies, including the recruitment and administration of research consultants and research assistants appropriate to the activity.
- Plan and coordinate regular technical committee meetings.
- Monitor the progress of research activities; develop and maintain records of research activities, and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, as required by internal or external parties.
- Implement quality control process throughout the conduct of the research projects.
- Identify community research needs, develop TORs to conduct relevant research activities and submit proposals to potential funders
- Assist in providing the technical and capacity building support in research to partners, in Mauritius and in the Indian ocean region.
- Networking: Liaise with partners, research institutions and create new networks
- Participate, as required, in meetings and other training fora.
|Job description:||Programme & Research Coordinator|
- ￼Masters￼ in public health, behavioural sciences, population studies/demography, or any other related field, and at least two years of relevant experience in the successful implementation and management of HIV and AIDS research projects. An equivalent combination of education and professional experience will also be considered.
- Experience in design, implementation, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative research studies; experience in hiring, training, and managing research staff for community-based studies.
- Proficiency in SPSS and/or other statistical software.
- Excellent English language written communication skills, excellent French and creole oral communication skills, including demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, and the ability to summarize and communicate research findings for diverse audiences
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with senior staff, colleagues, donors, partner organizations, stakeholders, local institutions, and others at all levels. Excellent diplomatic, representational, problem solving, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge, interest in and commitment to the HIV/AIDS and Human Rights issues
- Good understanding of the HIV epidemic in Mauritius.
- Experience in operational research and/or implementation science.
- Experience in managing health programs in small island developing states.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by the Thursday 27th June 2019.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.