Job opportunity: Programme Officer
|Job description:||Programme Officer|
|Reports to:||Community Health Services and Research Manager|
|Main Functions:||The Programme Officer will be responsible for all programmatic support to the activities of Community Health Services and Research.|
- Assist in the coordination, organization and delivery of the department’s activities
- Assist Department’s Manager in programmatic and financial follow-up of programs
- Support the Department’s Manager in the production of standard Operating Procedures for Key intervention areas of the department.
- Be “force de proposition” regarding the improvement of PILS’ services
- Investigate for alternative solutions where programs are not meeting targets or are not operating as desired
- Assist in identifying areas, finding resource persons (including volunteers)
- Manage and coordinate scheduled reporting to meet institutional donor reporting requirements
- In coordination with the Programme and Research Coordinator, assist in the elaboration of strategies, procedures & work processes for the research unit.
Finance and monitoring & evaluation
- Work with Finance team to ensure financial information is up to date, variances are identified and recommendations for action made
- Lead the production and overseeing of the department’s annual costed workplan.
- Manage the department’s budgets through requests for reallocations & ensuring smooth processes with the financial department
- Contribute to strategic planning within the Programme Team, including annual and medium term planning and monitoring
- Work closely with fundraising and communications teams to share information about programme, specific projects and programme impact
- Actively participate in all steps of the monitoring and evaluation of the programmes
- Act as the PILS Focal Point for the department’s funders
- Establish, maintain and strengthen effective relationships between PILS implementing partners.
- Networking: Liaise with partners, institutions & create new networks.
- Act as programmatic focal point in other department & partner’s meetings & workshops
- Act as programmatic focal point between M&E & Finance to ensure smooth work-flow
- Any other duties, as agreed with the Programme Manager
- Participate, as required, in meetings and other training fora.
|Job description:||Programme Officer|
- Bachelor degree in public Health, Health Systems, community health or equivalent, or at least 3 years of working experience in follow-up of programs in medium or large organizations.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal)
- Knowledge of HIV & AIDS and good understanding of HIV epidemic in Mauritius.
- Knowledge of group animation.
- Aptitude to work within tight deadlines, during odd hours and having a good sense of initiative and a proactive approach.
- Excellent capacity to produce reports on time
- Demonstrate ability and commitment to team work and coordination with multiple partners.
- Computer Skills (Packet office, Gmail, other IT Skills and advantage)
- Non-judgmental and mature attitude towards the beneficiaries of proposed services, i.e., vulnerable populations (People who inject drugs, who live with HIV or engaged in sex work)
- Valid driving license.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9th of August 2019.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.