Job opportunity: M&E Officer
|Job description:||M&E Officer|
|Reports to:||Senior M&E Officer|
|Main Functions:||The M&E Officer will assist the Senior M&E Officer in managing the Monitoring and Evaluation System of projects and grants implemented by PILS. S/he will assist in developing and implementing an integrated M&E Plan for PILS and contribute to the implementation of a National M&E Framework. The incumbent will also assist in promoting strong data collection systems and ensure timely and comprehensive reporting to partners.|
- Assist in planning, designing, coordinating and supervising the improvement of the present monitoring and evaluation as well as reporting system
- Collect data from projects’implementers, i.e. staff members and service users
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses of data collected and produce final reports (evaluation) including lessons learnt and recommendations.
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete reporting of programmatic data to funders
- Assist in the development of data collection tools
- Maintain a database to track performance indicators by entering data collected through the monitoring system and conducting verification checks to ensure the accuracy of data collected
- Conduct research and studies and produce analytical report to be used as a basis for advocacy activities
- Assist in the fundraising activities of the association (events, writing of funding requests, development of online donation and others)
- Assist in liaising with funders, donors and sponsors
- Assist in writing progress reports on PILS projects to be submitted to funders and other stakeholders
- Carry out field visits to ensure that programmes are implemented as planned and provide reports including lessons learnt and recommendations
- Reporting progress to PILS on a monthly basis
- Contribute to the review and updating of the annual integrated M&E Work plan and budget of PILS
- Work with implementing partners to review their data collection approaches and management information systems and support them to implement any required changes.
- Work with other members of the programs and finance teams, to liaise with implementing partners in preparing and submitting program and other reports on a timely basis, as required, for internal and external use.
- Review, analyse and provide timely feedback on program reports and other documents relating to programs and implementing partners.
- Analyse and document the progress, impact, challenges and lessons learned of programs.
- Maintain effective relationships between all the departments and programmes and PILS including the financial teams.
- Assist in developing tools and resources for use by PILS to harmonise and create uniformity for overall reporting of HIV interventions.
- Compile information on monitoring and evaluation activities that includes reviewing workshop reports, participating in visit de-briefs, and extracting information from quarterly reports and reviews and re-planning reports.
- Assist in identifying operational research needs and develop TORS to conduct relevant studies
- Assist in providing M&E technical and capacity building support and advice to implementing partners, through the implementation of the capacity development plan
|Job description:||M&E Officer|
- Degree in social sciences, public health or development field (or equivalent) and at least 1 year of experience in Monitoring & Evaluation in the development sector.
- Ability to plan strategically
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Independent and proactive personality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and French
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- IT Skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge, interest in and commitment to the HIV/AIDS and Human Rights issues
- Desirable qualities/experience/skills:
- Good understanding of the HIV epidemic in Mauritius.
- Experience of managing health programs in small island developing states.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by Monday 09 December 2019.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.