Job opportunity: Fundraising Advocacy & Communication Manager
Fundraising Advocacy & Communication Manager
|Responsible for:||Fundraiser, Advocacy Officers and Communication Officer|
|Main Functions:||The Fundraising, Advocacy and Communication Manager will be responsible for managing the advocacy activities of PILS at a local, regional and international level, as well as PILS communication and fundraising efforts.|
- Advocacy activities
- Manage the Fundraising, Advocacy and Communication Department through devising strategies, plans, procedures & work processes and using a community approach
- Develop a yearly advocacy plan including objectives, strategies and outcome & impact indicators, with a specific focus for addressing treatment, care and support dysfunctions in Mauritius for HIV, HCV and harm reduction, with inputs from the Community Health Manager and the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation officer
- Develop yearly capacity building plan with regards to regional advocacy activities
- Work with the fundraiser to develop a yearly fundraising plan with regards to PILS activities and strategic plan
- Ensure the implementation of the relevant activities in line with PILS strategic plan
- Support in the capacity strengthening of local and regional NGOs to understand the importance of engaging in advocacy on human rights-based responses to HIV and HCV
- Lead the planning, design, implementation and follow-up of advocacy campaigns and actions in line with PILS strategic plan and in collaboration with the Advocacy Advisory Committee.
- In collaboration with the team, develop evidence-based advocacy messages and/or materials i.e. presentations, policy briefs etc.
- Work with the Community Mobilisation Team to increase KAPs participation in advocacy initiatives
- Analyse emergency crisis situations and take immediate actions in close collaboration with the Executive Director, the Management Committee and the Executive Committee
- Research, monitor, analyse and report on policies affecting HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, human rights and poverty reduction in Mauritius.
- Fundraising & Communication
- Support the Fundraiser in developing and delivering a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for PILS, with realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with the Executive Committee
- Work with the Fundraiser to create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio.
- Lead communication with key funders with the aim of cultivating, growing and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
- Liaise with the Grants Manager to ensure PILS’ cashflow and financial sustainability through careful budgeting, realistic fundraising targets and coordinating timely access to funds.
- Support the Communication Officer in the development of a yearly communication plan for PILS
- Capacity Development & Team Planning
- Support and line-manage the day-to-day work of the team through formal organizational procedures and informal good management practice, based on the needs of team members
- In collaboration with the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer; contribute meaningfully to yearly evaluations initiatives of the Department’s activities
- Lead the production of the department’s budget, workplan and M&E plan as per PILS’ procedures
- Manage the department’s budget through approving the relevant expenditure incurred, and ensuring smooth processes with the finance and admin units
- Lead the capacity assessment & development plan of the department’s staff members
- Coach direct reports to ensure their growth in their positions so that they lead their projects successfully
- Actively support and encourage department’s staff members and participate to their capacity development and skills reinforcement
- Lead the annual performance appraisal of staff members, and support direct reports in the appraisals of their teams
- Ensure the sharing and use of programme knowledge and strategic information.
- As a member of the Management Committee, ensure the successful implementation of the developed strategies of PILS strategic orientations through a quarterly meeting to review progress made.
- In the absence of the Executive Director, run PILS with other members of the Management Committee
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Management Committee, ensure complementarity between PILS’ activities and other programs being implemented at local and regional level.
- Liaise with PILS’ staff, committees and the executive committee through regular participation at working sessions, management meetings and other relevant fora.
- Contribute to project writing exercises to ensure department’s program funding
- Approve & coordinate when necessary relevant proposals of partnerships or participation in events
- Representation & networking
- Identify and build strong alliances with media and implement appropriate activities to highlight advocacy issues in the media in collaboration with communication team
- Contribute to design frameworks for effective collaboration between PILS and its partners
- Consolidating and building new alliances, networks and coalitions (partnership between public, private and final beneficiaries)
- Establish, maintain and strengthen effective relationships between PILS implementing partners.
|Job description:||Fundraising Advocacy & Communication Manager|
- Master’s Degree in public health, law, human rights, Communications or other relevant field and at least 3 years of management experience in project management in the social/development sector or Bachelor’s degree in public health, law, human rights, Communications (or equivalent) and at least 5 years of progressively responsible management experience in project management in the social/development sector.
- At least 5 years’ experience in design and implementation of HIV and/or human rights programme
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly proficient in coalition building, in designing and implementing network activities
- Experience of managing human and financial resources.
- Strong research, analytical and planning skills
- Ability to develop and deliver impactful public presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and health systems strengthening.
- Experience of working in countries with concentrated HIV epidemics, including knowledge of working with Key Affected Populations.
- Familiar with the local and international funding landscape
- Fluent in Creole, French and English
- Excellent IT skills
- Good understanding of the HIV epidemic in Mauritius & the Indian Ocean region
- Experience of managing Key Affected Populations Programs (People Living with HIV, People Who Use Drugs, Men having Sex with Men, Transgender, Commercial Sex Workers) in small island developing states
- Driving License
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com by the 3rd of June 2019.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.