Job Offer : Technical Assistance Officer
Technical Assistance Officer
|Reports to:||Programme Manager|
|Main Functions:||The Technical Assistant Officer will be responsible for following and assisting NGOs on organizational development activities. The Technical Assistance Officer will assist PILS and selected NGOs by providing relevant capacity building tools at national and regional level.|
- Capacity Building Programmes
- Assist the programme manager to Coordinate unit’s activities and ensure the quality of an effective implementation of the strengthening of NGOs on organisational development and other technical assistance including strengthening organisational governance, financial management, human resources management, partnership building and monitoring and evaluation systems. at national and regional level
- Conduct a needs-based situational assessment of NGOs and prepare plans to address the capacity or skill needs of the partners
- Provide technical advice to NGOs and members to ensure effective and time-efficient implementation of capacity building activities to fulfil the project’s objectives
- Provide technical assistance on the designing and planning of project activities (monthly plans, quarterly plans and yearly plans)
- Conduct or support experts to carry out training sessions for NGOs and PILS
- Develop training and technical assistance resources as needed to address identified gaps in capacity
- Liaise between PILS’, other NGOs at local at regional level and trainers to ensure that capacity building requirements are met
- Provide support on filing, organising and archiving training materials
- Provide PILS and other NGOs at local and regional level, with quality and appropriate tools aiming at organisational strengthening
- Attend meetings and conferences as needed to maintain knowledge and skills required for the position.
- Maintain records and prepare reports on time as requested.
- Work in close collaboration with relevant unit with regards to technical capabilities with Key Affected Populations Programmes and activism amongst volunteers.
- Network Management
- Assist in the animation, development and structuring of the regional platform
- Assist in maintaining and strengthening effective relationships between PILS and its partners (Institutional, Financial and Technical) at national and regional level
- Participate, as required, in funder’s meetings and other training fora
- Maintain the networking relationship between PILS and other selected NGOs through regular meetings and data sharing
- Work in close collaboration with the program officer and/or the M&E team with regards to the monitoring and evaluation of the unit’s activities.
|Job description:||Technical Assistance Officer|
- Degree in social sciences, public health or any other related fields.
- At least 2 years capability experience to deliver training.
- Experience of working with key affected populations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, planning & order skills.
- Excellent knowledge of NGOs management practices.
- Fluent in French, English and Creole
Desirable qualities, skills and experiences:
- At least 3 years relevant HIV/AIDS experience and /or Health related program management at local or regional level
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- At least 2 years of management experience in project management in the capacity building/development sector.
- Excellent IT skills
- Driving License.
- Flexible and adaptable to other culture and working environment.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter at email@example.com by Wednesday 6th June 2018.
PILS has an anti-discriminatory recruitment policy. This policy is based on skills, experience and profile of candidates, without any regards to their age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or HIV status. All competent candidates, including members of the Key Affected Populations, are encouraged to apply. PILS reserves the right not to appoint any person to this position.