Job Offer: Senior Finance Manager
Job description: Senior Finance Manager
Reports to: Grant Manager
Responsible for: Finance Manager and Finance Officer
Main Functions: The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for managing the financial systems of PILS, including the Mauritius Global Fund (GF) funding, and providing advice and technical support to Sub-Recipients implementing Programs under the GF funding under PILS.
S/he will support the implementation of the PILS programs, especially the GF Program; promote robust financial management systems, and ensure timely and comprehensive reporting to funders. S/he will support the financial monitoring and reporting of PILS, including the GF Program; and actively represent and contributing to auditing, and financial reviews on behalf of PILS and the Sub-Recipients. S/he will act as the focal point with the GF Regional staff and -GF Local Funding Agent, communicating financial issues with both PILS and the Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM).
- Financial Management
Objective: To effectively develop and manage financial management and reporting systems.
- Lead, support and manage the implementation of robust financial management systems within PILS
- Develop and implement effective budgeting procedures within the agreed PILs manual, as well as important funders such as Coalition Plus and GF.
- Work with other members of the Programs and M&E teams, to liaise with sub-recipients in preparing and submitting financial reports on a timely basis, as required, for internal and external use.
- Review, analyze and provide timely feedback on financial reports to sub-recipients.
- Analyze and document variances and grant progress.
- Coordinate financial reporting from sub-recipients into the Progress Update/Disbursement Request and submit to the GF.
- Maintain effective relationships with monitoring and programmatic teams.
- Contribute to the development of tools and resources for use by PILS and its sub-recipients in implementing strong financial systems.
- Review financial workshop reports, participating in visit de-briefs, and extracting information from quarterly reports and review and re-planning reports.
- Assist in the management of each project budget through: budget formulation, controlling allocations, monitoring of expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the project.
- Capacity Development
Objective: To ensure the capacity development of all stakeholders in PILS programs, including GF funded programs.
- Assess the financial needs of all partners involved in the implementation of PILS grants, in particular reviewing partner internal financial control systems.
- Develop coordinated capacity development plans for all partners, in collaboration with the Technical Assistance Unit.
- Provide financial capacity building support and advice to sub-recipients, through the implementation of the capacity development plan.
- Identify, procure and manage any relevant external technical support that may be required for programs and sub-recipients.
- Monitor, review and evaluate the progress and impact of capacity building programs.
- Coordinate capacity development efforts with other Programs being implemented as part of the Mauritius National Strategic Framework.
- Ensure the sharing and use of strategic information.
Objective: To ensure the coordination of the GF Program with the National Strategic Framework.
- Ensure complementarity between the PILS and the National Aids Secretariat (NAS) Program.
- Ensure coordination of activities and sharing of information.
- Involve a wide variety of stakeholders in training and information sharing sessions.
- Input GF information to national financial accounting mechanisms.
Objective: To represent the Mauritius GF Finance with a variety of stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the PILS Grant Manager, act as the PILS Focal Point for the GF LFA and the GF Secretariat teams, in relation to financial matters.
- Ensure clear and timely reporting and feedback to the CCM & LFA/GF Secretariat on all GF financial matters.
- Participate, as required, in Global Fund meetings and other training fora.
- Fully qualified accountant, registered with a recognized accounting body
- At least 5 years’ relevant finance/accounting experience
- Extensive experience of providing financial management support to individuals and organizations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong commitment to HIV & AIDS response and PILS values.
- Working knowledge of the Global Fund, and its financial management requirements.
- Experience of working in the international development sector
- Good understanding of the HIV epidemic in Mauritius.
- Working knowledge of French.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 11 Decemebr 2017.
PILS has an anti-discriminatory recruitment policy. This policy is based on skills, experience and profile of candidates, without any regards to their age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or HIV status. All competent candidates, including members of the Key Affected Populations, are encouraged to apply. PILS reserves the right not to appoint any person to this position.