Job Offer: Outreach Coordinator MSM/TG
Job description: Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Outreach Coordinator
Responsible for: Peer educators, Outreach Officers (MSM and TG)
Main Functions: The Outreach Team leader will be responsible for the daily operations of all outreach program including peer education towards Men having Sex with Men (MSM) and Transgenders (TGs).
1. Team management
- Support and line-manage the day-to-day work of the team through informal good management practices, based on the needs of team members.
- Devise work processes and ensure implementation of SOPs by team members.
- Ensure all outreach officers and peer educators are up to date in terms of information with regards to HIV prevention and continuum of care and related subjects in line with their area/topics of intervention.
- Hold regular meetings with outreach officers and/or PE for specific problems or strategies related to field (Conflict resolution)
2. Outreach and Fieldwork
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator in the setting-up of new peer education programme through selection, screening, training of new members and supervision.
- Contribute, with the Outreach Coordinator, to the development of new strategies to meet goals of the association.
- Work in close collaboration with the Outreach Team Leaders and the Caravan Coordinator to plan outreach activities
- Assign, direct and monitor assigned staff of Outreach officers and Peer Educators.
- Provide weekly planning of all outreach services and field visits to clients including Peer Educators and follow-up its implementation by its members through close supervision. Services include, but are not limited to: home visits, hospital visits, NDCCI attendance, peer education, visit to prison and other medical sites permanences
- Refer clients to appropriate institutions providing medical, social and psychological services including hospitals, community shelters/homes and main public institutions (Social Security, NEF)
- Supervise teamwork through weekly site visits
- Ensure all PE and outreach officers are fully equipped in terms of materials for field interventions
- Coordination and animation of community groups to collect feedback on outreach and fieldwork interventions.
- Collect and supervise monitoring data of all activities and where needed, contribute to second line data entry for his/her team
- Produce accurate and timely statistics to M&E and Outreach Coordinator on a monthly basis.
- Contribute to annual budget plan for the unit with the Outreach Coordinator
3. Representation and network management
- Identify and maintain contact with key informants to build good relationships rapport with the community, NGOs and Health service providers
- Contribute to the opening of new networks of KAPs and PLWH
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as and when needed
- Engage in PILS’ activities and projects
- Possess thorough knowledge of HIV/AIDS and environment of Key-Affected populations
- Minimum 5 years of relevant field experience
- Easy contact and communication with MSM and TGs and the public in general
- Planning skills
- Counselling skills
- Possess a level of maturity and self-awareness so as to be able to work with KAP’s
- Good knowledge of various medical, social and psychological services available in Mauritius
- Ability to network with key informants in the community
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to deliver relevant training sessions to colleagues
- Able to work irregular hours
- Able to supervise a team
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- Valid driving test
- Strong commitment to HIV response in Mauritius
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by Friday 16 February 2018.
PILS has an anti-discriminatory recruitment policy. This policy is based on skills, experience and profile of candidates, without any regards to their age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or HIV status. All competent candidates, including members of the Key Affected Populations, are encouraged to apply. PILS reserves the right not to appoint any person to this position.