Job Offer: M&E Officer
Job description: M&E Officer
Reports to: Senior M&E Officer
Main Functions:The M&E Officer will assist the Senior M&E Officer in managing the Monitoring and Evaluation system for projects/ grants implemented by the PILS. S/he will assist in developing and implementing an M&E Plan for PILS, and assist with the implementation of the National M&E Framework which includes details of monitoring activities related to the GF grants to promote strong data collection systems, and ensure timely and comprehensive reporting to partners including the GF.
• Assist in planning, designing, coordinating and supervising the improvement of the present monitoring and reporting system
• Collect data from project staff and Beneficiaries
• Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses of data collected and production of final reports (evaluation) including lessons learnt and recommendations.
• Assure timely, accurate and complete reporting of programmatic data to funders
• Assist in the development of data collection tools
• Maintain a database to track performance indicators by entering data collected through the monitoring system and conducting verification checks to ensure the accuracy of these data
• Assist in conducting research and studies and produce analytical report to be used as a basis for advocacy activities when needed
• Provide input when needed for fundraising purposes and work closely with the fundraising and communication units
• Assist in liaising with funders, donors and sponsors
• Write progress reports on PILS projects to be submitted to funders and other stakeholders
• Carry out field visits to ensure that programmes are implemented as planned and provide reports including lessons learnt and recommendations
• Reporting progress to PILS on a monthly basis
• Assist in coordinating data reporting from sub-recipients into the Progress Update/Disbursement Request and submit to the GF.
• Contribute to the review and updating of the Annual PILS M&E Work plan and budget.
• Work with implementing partners to review their data collection approaches and management information systems and support them to implement any required changes.
• Work with other members of the programs and finance teams, to liaise with implementing partners in preparing and submitting program and other reports on a timely basis, as required, for internal and external use.
• Review, analyze and provide timely feedback on program reports and other documents relating to programs and implementing partners.
• Analyze and document the progress, impact, challenges and lessons learned of programs.
• Maintain effective relationships between monitoring and financial teams.
• Assist in developing tools and resources for use by PILS to harmonise and create uniformity for overall reporting on HIV interventions.
• Assist in the production of information products such as an annual M&E report on projects / grants implemented by PILS including GF grants
• Support the implementation of the dissemination plan.
• Compile information on monitoring and evaluation activities that includes reviewing workshop reports, participating in visit de-briefs, and extracting information from quarterly reports and review and re-planning reports.
• Assist in identifying operational research needs and develop TORS to conduct relevant studies
• Assist in providing M&E technical and capacity building support and advice to implementing partners, through the implementation of the capacity development plan
• Participate in national committees when needed
- Degree in social sciences, public health or development field (or equivalent) and at least 1 year of experience in Monitoring & Evaluation in the development sector.
- Ability to plan strategically
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Independent and proactive personality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and French
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- IT Skills
- Knowledge, interest in and commitment to the HIV/AIDS and Human Rights issues
- Good understanding of the HIV epidemic in Mauritius.
- Experience of managing health programs in small island developing states.
- Working knowledge of the Global Fund.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by Friday, 28 April 2017.
PILS has an anti-discriminatory recruitment policy. This policy is based on skills, experience and profile of candidates, without any regards to their age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or HIV status. All competent candidates, including members of the Key Affected Populations, are encouraged to apply. PILS reserves the right not to appoint any person to this position.