Job offer: Finance Officer
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Main Functions: The Finance Officer is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in compliance with the Financial and Administrative Procedures Manual and in a timely and collaborative manner.
- Ensure the inventory and control of all pertinent goods and assets
- Maintain an accurate filing system for all financial documents
- Perform data entry through the Pastel Evolution, including listing of accounts receivable and payable and journals to the general ledger
- Ensure that the cash book and petty cash are updated on a daily basis and frequently verify the petty cash of all other departments
- Ensure the deposit of all income received
- Follow up of existing and new projects with colleagues and peers while ensuring accurate capture of all data entries in the General ledger system
- Assist in verification of fixed Assets and internal control of stocks every six months
- Calculate monthly depreciation of Fixed Assets and ensuring accurate maintenance of Fixed Assets Register
- Provide assistance in the preparation of reports of projects to Funders
- Any cognate duty relating to your sector
- ACCA Level 1 or equivalent
- Skills in data entry on SAGE PASTEL Evolution
- Computer Course Excel with level 1 & 2
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in finance department dealing with project management
- Capacity to work in a accurate, methodical and logical manner under high pressure
- Work in a collaborative, proactive manner with a good sense of team spirit
- Organization and Prioritization skills
- Sense of initiative and consistent decision-making within agreed guidelines
- Fluent in French and English written and spoken
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th of September, 2020.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.