Job offer: Executive Director
|Job Title||Executive Director|
|Category – Grade||Senior Management – E|
|NGO||Prevention Information Lutte Contre Le Sida|
Main Purpose of the job
Ensures the day-to-day operational running of the Organization. The Executive Director maintains a constant flow of communication with the Managing Committee for the smooth operation of the Organization. The Executive Director provides visionary knowledge-based, strategic leadership for effective implementation of PILS’ missions and goals. S/he is responsible for the implementation of PILS’ strategic plan. To do so, the Executive Director works in collaboration with the people the Organization serves, the Managing Committee, the employees, volunteers, partners, and beneficiaries. S/he leads the organization in developing the knowledge, infrastructure, culture, and competencies necessary to reach PILS’ objectives.
The Executive Director maintains a constant flow of communication and reporting to Coalition Plus and attends board meetings with the President of the Managing Committee, as and when required.
The Executive Director is responsible for all programmes, services, and personnel and ensures the organization’s efficient operation within the approved budget. S/he provides overall leadership, guidance, and direction to PILS’ team.
- Masters’ Degree in Management or Business Administration
- 5 Years relevant HIV/AIDS or related health field management experience in the public sector
- 3 years’ relevant experience of managing human and financial resources
- Fully computer literate
- Fluent in English. French and Creole both written and spoken
- A passion for access to health and for Human Rights
- A commitment to work towards a vision of health in partnership with the most vulnerable communities
- A desire to contribute to the growth and success of PILS
- Knowledge of Public Health
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to social transformation and health systems strengthening
- Experience of managing programmes in small island developing State
2. Job Perspectives
Challenges inherent in the job
- Formulate and implement strategies
- Comply with prevailing legislations prevailing to the Association
- Ensure financial sustainability of the Organization
- Respect the need for confidentiality and sensitivity of information
- Maintain and present reports in a timely manner for board meetings
3. Reporting Relationship
Over time, the structure of the organization may be reviewed and changed.
4. Job Guidelines
|Key Result Areas||Main Accountabilities|
|Overall Strategic Vision and Leadership||· Lead the implementation of PILS’ strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff and priorities are aligned with the organization’s core mission
· Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all staff members, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization
· Remain current in best practices in HIV programming and human rights, to inspire and direct the team in programme development and implementation
|Financial Management, Fundraising and Revenue Generation||· With the support of the relevant Head of Department, oversee the financial status of the organization including the quarterly reporting of the financial reporting to the Managing Committee
· In collaboration with the Head of Department and the Fundraising Department, ensure the development and implementation of the fundraising strategic plan
· Be the face of the organization and use external presence and relationships to develop and nurture new funders
· Seek funding through creative avenues, including project writing, donor engagement, contribute to the writing and securing of grants from funders, pursuing CSR funding, public partnership, special events, etc.
|Programme, Health and Research Support||· Co-coordinate the Indian ocean regional network (PFOI) in collaboration with the PFOI Co-Coordinator
· Spearhead strategic and long-term planning for programmatic growth and impact
· Oversee the design, implementation, evaluation and growth of all programs to ensure quality, sustainability, and responsiveness to community and organizational needs. These efforts are directly managed by staff, which the Executive Director supports in fulfilling their responsibilities.
· Ensure programs are aligned with best practices in global health by upholding monitoring and evaluation frameworks, and effectively utilizing data and outcomes to inform programme decisions and design.
· Communicate results to all stakeholders on a regular basis
|Advocacy||· Oversee development of strategic plan for advocacy
· Represent the organization at international meetings, conferences and events
|Communication||· Be an external local, national, and international leader by publishing and communicating programme results as a model for other efforts
· Deepen and refine all aspects of communications with the goal of creating a stronger brand
|· Serve as the primary organizational liaison to the Managing Committee by advising and informing Managing Committee members and interfacing between the Managing Committee and staff
· Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Managing Committee to ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
· In partnership with PILS’ President, help build a diverse, representative and inclusive Managing Committee, that is highly engaged and committed to leveraging and securing resources
|Human Resources Management||· Responsible for the animation, development and structuring of the Management team with the support of the Human Resources Coordinator
· Hire, develop and retain the organization’s staff with the support of the Human Resources Coordinator
· Contribute to create an environment that supports the personal and professional growth of staff resulting in a high functioning, results-oriented team with the support of the Human Resources Coordinator
· Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration by strengthening internal communications in support of the organization’s strategy, operational methods and data collection needs with the support of the Human Resources Coordinator
· Engage regularly in effective communication with direct reports to ensure high performance and commitment to the goals of the organization with the support of the Human Resources Coordinator
Candidates should send their CV and letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline: 31st of August 2020
Disclaimer: This job profile indicates the general nature and level of work expected of this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. This job profile is subject to periodic updates, with the agreement of all parties, in order to adapt to future requirements.