Job Offer : Community Mobilisation Officer
Job description: Community Mobilisation Officer
Reports to: Programme Manager
Main Functions: Strengthen liaison between Key Affected Populations, partners, networks and PILS by ensuring a community-based approach is established and implemented.
Key Responsibilities :
Community Mobilisation activities
- Develop community mobilisation strategies in collaboration with the community health committee
- Develop community mobilisation actions to increase the use of PILS’ and partners’ health services
- Reinforce empowerment, leadership and capacities of PLWH, KAPs and community leaders
- Co-animate PILS committees that aim to improve service provision for PLWH and KAPs.
- Involve PLWH and KAPs in the strategy development and delivery of PILS’ community services
- Create, animate and participate in various trainings for the community of People living with HIV and Key Affected populations
- Anticipate, prevent and manage conflicts with KAPs
Representation and collaborative work
- Contribute to PILS’ advocacy efforts, especially as regards stigma & discrimination and treatment care and support of PLWH, in collaboration with the advocacy team through the setup and animation of regular meetings with field workers and advocacy team
- Contribute to PILS’ training
- Collaborate with other teams and work on a strategy in order to reinforce PILS community based approach
- Participate, as required, in meetings and other training fora.
- Degree in Social Science or Equivalent, with at least 3 years’ experience in HIV & AIDS National Response
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to produce results within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Analytical skills and decision making ability
- Ability to develop networks
- Good Computer Skills
- Excellent knowledge of issues in relation with HIV & AIDS and human rights
- Good and existing relationships with the local communities and a natural sense of networking
- Good knowledge of the local stakeholder and partners with regards to HIV and its related issues
- An Ability to write clear and concise reports; good spoken and written English, French as well as Kreol
- Animation skills (group, meetings, trainings animation)
- Valid Driving License
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by Tueday 3 October 2017.
PILS has an anti-discriminatory recruitment policy. This policy is based on skills, experience and profile of candidates, without any regards to their age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or HIV status. All competent candidates, including members of the Key Affected Populations, are encouraged to apply. PILS reserves the right not to appoint any person to this position.