Job Offer: Communication officer
Job description: Communication Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Main Functions: The Communication Officer is responsible for the internal and external communication of the association and supports the Executive Director in carrying out communication of PILS.
● Manage press-related activities (press releases, interviews, articles, press conferences and adverts) and nurture relationship with press agencies and their representatives.
● Coordinate communication campaigns (liaise with different partners, identify appropriate messages and channels according to budget, liaise with production companies, follow-up on campaign).
● Manage internal communication through dissemination of relevant information to all staff
● Ensure coherence of PILS’ visual identity and ensure respect of PILS’ visual standards (font, font size, correct use of logo…)
● Produce & diffuse PILS’ annual report.
● Participate in the coordination and management of PILS’ events
● Liaise with different service providers (graphic designers, printing companies etc) for the creation of communication tools (activity reports, brochures, booklets, posters, newsletters, goodies…).
● Support to management and other department for communication activities by advising on content and form of communication materials and liaising with production company.
● Act as communication focal point of the association in relevant meetings and workshops.
● Manage PILS online presence through content production, moderation and updating of information on website, social networks and other online platforms.
● Meet external demands for information related to PILS and its activities
● Manage and update databases (Press, partners, service providers, photo archives)
● Review documents to be diffused externally, including news articles and presentations
- Degree in PR/Communication or equivalent and at least 2 years experience in the Communication sector
- Excellent writing & summarizing skills
- Fluent in French, English and Creole
- Inter-personal, presentational and public speaking skills
- Ability to plan strategically, on a programmatic and financial level
- Strong analytical, planning and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to meet tight deadlines
- IT conversant (Word, Excel, P. Point)
- Good knowledge of social media networks
- Interest & commitment to the HIV & AIDS and Human Rights issues
- Driving license
- Basic Knowledge of design softwares (Indesign, Photoshop…) and WordPress would be an advantage
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com by Tuesday 30 January 2018.
PILS has an anti-discriminatory recruitment policy. This policy is based on skills, experience and profile of candidates, without any regards to their age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or HIV status. All competent candidates, including members of the Key Affected Populations, are encouraged to apply. PILS reserves the right not to appoint any person to this position.