Job advert: M&E Officer – Data Audits & Report Writing
Job title: M&E Officer – Data Audits & Report Writing
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) involves a thorough process of using predetermined performance measures to collect data about an activity, a project, or a program. These data enable stakeholders to use this evidence to influence future decisions and determine the worth of a project or a program. The M&E Officer in PILS shall be responsible for the overall collection, summarizing, compiling, verifying, dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms of data. The primary focus of this post will be on the submission of timely, qualitative, and quantitative reports to the Grants Department, donors, board members, beneficiaries, and relevant stakeholders.
Reporting to the Senior M&E Officer, the M&E Officer will contribute in the design, implementation, and operation of M&E systems from project initiation to closeout. S/he will assist in the monitoring, evaluation, analytics, deducing lessons learnt and reporting of performance and results and providing regular project reports. S/he will support on data management, and ongoing training for capacity building purposes. S/he will conduct regular project data analysis and identify methods to use results for program improvement. S/he will lead activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation and performance reporting.
Key Responsibilities of the M&E Officer (Data Audits & Report Writing)
• Assist the Senior M&E Officer with development of the M&E System, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
• Contribute in overseeing data collection, collation, verification, validation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
• Support in the preparation and review of program reports
• Ensure outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project reports.
• Provide training and mentoring to implementing partners and staff to ensure the implementation of strong M&E systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, public health, international development, business management or related field. A certificate in M&E and/or statistics will be an advantage.
• Experience in performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting and report writing, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Well versed in IT with solid skills in Excel and Access.
• Experience in statistics software would be a definite advantage.
• Fluency in written as well as spoken English and French is highly desirable both for communication purposes and reporting writing.
• Ability to work in a team, an avid learner, proactive along with an autonomous mindset and the culture of respecting deadlines. The selected candidate should have an eye for detail, possess the champion culture and be results-driven.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of July 2021
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.