Call for Proposal: Consultant/Consultancy for IBBS
Call for Proposal: Consultant/Consultancy firm to lead an Integrated Biological and Behavioural Surveillance Survey (IBBSS) among transgenders in Mauritius.
Time Frame: This assignment will be carried out over a period not exceeding 8 months starting from the date of awarding the contract.
Management of The Consultancy: The consultant shall be responsible to the Grant Manager and Executive Director of PILS and will work in close collaboration with the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the Research Officer of the organization.
- The consultant/ consultancy shall examine the relevant background literature as regards HIV and AIDS in Mauritius; including, policies and operational plans, reports of studies and interventions for the study population and any other relevant reviews, assessment and evaluations done by national or international organizations in Mauritius;
- Study and examine all tools, guidelines and scientific publications on research particularly on size estimation and IBBS among Transgenders to inform preparation of background information and determination of appropriate methodologies for the study;
- Prepare a comprehensive study protocol covering all the five components of the study that meets technical and ethical standards.
- Conduct an Integrated Biological and Behavioural Surveillance Survey to determine HIV/STI prevalence among Transgenders; and
- Produce a comprehensive report with recommendations to support HIV and AIDS interventions for Transgenders in Mauritius.
- Conduct a one week training with the relevant staff on RDS methodology including on the use of the statistical softwares.
- One week training to relevant staff members on RDS and the statistical softwares.
- Risk management plan submitted within the first week following signing of the contract
- Inception report submitted within fourteen days following the signing of contract
- Draft study report within three weeks following completion of field data collection
- PowerPoint Presentation on findings to the TP and other stakeholders and KP NGOs for validation
- Final study report within three weeks following the receipt of comments on the draft report from TP and other stakeholders.
- Proven record and experience in carrying out IBBS with high quality data collection and analysis among hard to reach population.
- Demonstrate substantial capacity and expertise (including logistics capacity) in conducting large national surveys in low- and middle-income countries and finalising such reports.
- Demonstrate a full appreciation of the complexity of implementing the IBBS in Mauritius.
- Ability to demonstrate technical expertise to undertake all aspects of the survey.
- A proven track record of building the capacity of institutions on RDS methodology including the use of the statistical software, including the ability to provide training for personnel regarding.
- Ability to provide detailed reference of at least one report from a previous IBBS survey the consultant was involved in is a plus.
- Familiarity with the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the Mauritian context or other similar country context
- Previous experience in working with the transgender population in a middle-income country
Applications should be sent to:
The Director of PILS
3rd Floor, Labourdonnais Court,
47, St Georges Street, Port-Louis, Mauritius
PILS has an anti-discriminatory recruitment policy. This policy is based on skills, experience and profile of candidates, without any regards to their age, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or HIV status. All competent candidates, including members of the Key Affected Populations, are encouraged to apply. PILS reserves the right not to appoint any person to this position.