Job opportunity: Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator
|Reports to:||Executive Director|
|Main Functions:||The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible to lead the implementation and running of all HR functions, including personnel, payroll, performance management, disciplinary and grievance, benefits and wellness. One critical role in this post will be to capacitate all managers to themselves effectively manage their teams, and maintain happy and healthy teams.
- Administration, Operation, development and performance compliance
- Direct and manage all legally required and administrative processes related to staff recruitment, contracting, packages, payment, working conditions, induction and health and safety requirements.
- Lead and manage performance management process, succession planning, and HR development plan implementation
- Drive and co-ordinate plans and processes related to staff learning and development and monitor and evaluate staff learning and development.
- Ensure that HR processes are updated as and when required and are in line with national legislations (Employment Rights Act)
- Plan and organize activities that would foster good and healthy staff relationship at both management level and operational team levels
- Manage, communicate and monitor implementation of all policies and processes related to providing an enabling environment conducive to productive, safe and efficient working. These should include employee wellness, HIV, gender,
- Manage, communicate and monitor implementation of all HR administrative and benefits policies and processes (including working hours, leave, other benefits).
- Monitor, evaluate and control PILS culture and employee relations (code of conduct and values compliance; misconduct and grievances)
- To maintain and develop knowledge of the training and development issues, team building, and other relevant HR priorities implemented within the organisation.
- Ensure proper maintenance of personal records of employees on PILS’ system:
- Coordinate activities between the organisation and medical insurance provider and pension scheme; assist employees with claims problems
- Liaise and support Executive Director with the administration, and interpretation of personnel issues relating to policies and procedures, including equal opportunity, anti-discrimination, career development and occupational health and safety programs.
- Liaise and support the Senior Administrative Officer to ensure that PILS premises are in line with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Lead the administration of disciplinary and grievance processes
- Recruitment & Selection
- Co-ordinate recruitment activities according to the recruitment policy
- Liaise with the respective Managers to schedule induction of new employees, process Probationary reviews and Performance reviews
- Payroll Administration and Updates
- Update list of staff salaries with start dates, proper job titles according to organigram and salary packages
- Liaise with finance department to effect Payroll administration and changes where relevant on a monthly basis
- Salary Payments
- Update new staff and resignations as per monthly salary changes memo
- Monitor sick and local leaves, PAYE, NPF/NSF and other payments/deductions
- Work closely with the welfare team and collaborate with representative of PILS’ units to ensure best working environment
- Partner NGOs
- Ensure legal compliance of HR processes, build HR management capacity and assist when required in HR matters as and when required by the Grants Manager (around 4 other NGOs)
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in HR area
- Good Knowledge about labour laws of Mauritius
- Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS
- Fluent in French, Creole and English
- Experience of working within an NGO and/or private sector
- Good understanding of the HIV epidemic in Mauritius.
Please send your detailed CV and motivation letter on email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by the 12th of June 2019.
PILS has a zero-discrimination policy towards key populations and people living with HIV. We are an inclusive NGO and do not tolerate discrimination against gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, marital status or pregnancy. Harassment in any forms towards any staff, volunteers, partners, community members, service providers or funders will not be tolerated by PILS.